The Ingenium derives its name from the adjective, ‘ingenious’, which evokes invention, imagination, and innovation. Located on the 2/F of the Main Library, the Ingenium is an interdisciplinary space for the University community to be inspired by and to interact with technology.
The Ingenium comprises 3 zones:
- Exhibition Area
- Multi-purpose Area
- 3D Printers and Scanners
- Digital Interactive Lab
- Editing Rooms
- Laser Engraver & Cutter
- One Button Studio
- Vinyl Cutter
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Commons
- Immersive Technology Space
- Concept and Creation Rooms
- Access to artificial intelligence (AI) and virtual reality (VR) hardware and software
- Access to 3D printers and scanners, vinyl cutter, laser engraver and cutter with the goal of making 3D technology available to HKU student, faculty, and staff
- Small innovative spaces (Concept and creation rooms) are reservable for consultations, brainstorming of new ideas, and for collaborative work among researchers, etc.
- Digital Interactive Lab with a large data visualization wall and portable digital whiteboard system that can support data visualization and presentation of high definition images for digital scholarly research and knowledge exchange in instructional classes, conferences and seminars
- Editing rooms and PC/MAC workstations are designed for multimedia production and post-production, digital photography, and other media projects
- One button studio that can be reserved for students and staff to practice for presentations and interviews, review thesis or dissertation defenses, create instructional videos and dramatic effects with the green screen
- Offer regular scheduled workshops and training programme on digital devices
- Provide in-depth consultation sessions with technical expertise/specialists by appointment to support the library users in use of the digital devices
- Flexible large group meeting, exhibition and event space that can be reserved for book talks, flipped classroom, conference, art exhibits, webinars, and workshops, etc.
- Two special study rooms in the Ingenium which provide a dedicated learning space for Special Education Needs (SEN) students who can access these rooms with their student cards.
The Ingenium is open during the Main Library’s regular opening hours.
2/F, Main Library